Acceptance agents are individuals or entities (colleges, financial institutions, accounting firms, etc.) that have entered into formal agreements with the IRS that permit them to assist alien individuals and other foreign persons with obtaining TINs. The type of duties that you are permitted to perform is based upon your application to become an acceptance agent or a certifying acceptance agent.
All persons who wish to participate in the TIN (Taxpayer Identification Number) Acceptance Agent Program must apply by completing Form 13551.
To enter Acceptance Agent Information in the Keystone Tax Solutions program, from the Main Menu of the program select:
- Firm / ERO / Preparer Setup
- Preparer(s) Menu
- Select ‘New’ or double-click the entry you wish to ‘Edit’.
- 2848 / Acceptance Agent Information
- Acceptance Agent Title
- Acceptance Agent Office
- Acceptance Agent Business Name
- Acceptance Agent IRS Agreement Date