With the IRS upgrade to the new Modernized E-file platform (MEF), individual returns and acknowledgements are processed in real-time 7 days per week. The returns will be processed by the IRS and acknowledged usually within the hour and can be retrieved continuously throughout the year. The IRS does however, reserve the right to wait 48 hours before giving an acknowledgement for the return. The program will automatically pick up your acknowledgements when you transmit returns.
Instructions for receiving and printing individual acknowledgements
From the Main Menu of Keystone Tax Solutions select:
- Receive Acknowledgements Only
- When the Connection Window appears, select Connect.
- After Acknowledgements are retrieved and you are prompted, select Exit.
- You will receive a message indicating that you have Reports To Print.
- Select Print Reports – Items with arrows (>>) beside them should be selected and printed to complete processing of the Acknowledgements. The IRS and State Acknowledgment report will display an acceptance or rejection code if the return was rejected. In most cases, an explanation of the reject code will be displayed.
f you are experiencing Connection Issues click here.There are several things that may be preventing your computer from connecting to the Keystone Tax Solutions server to receive acknowledgements. Listed below are the most common issues.
If the problems persist, please contact Keystone Tax Solutions Technical Support.
- Verify that your Internet connection is working by opening your web browser and going to http://www.irs.gov. If you cannot connect to the website, there is likely a problem with your Internet connection. Contact your Internet service provider.
- A recent windows and/or security software update may have blocked the Keystone Tax Solutions program from connecting to the Internet, preventing you from receiving acknowledgements.