Keystone Tax Solutions allow users who own a signature pad to capture the signatures of the preparer as well as the taxpayer(s) electronically. This feature will apply the taxpayer and preparer signatures to all supported forms. The option to use the signature pad will vary with each state and with each bank.
Topaz Systems Inc. signature pads are supported in Keystone Tax Solutions. The pad is connected to the computer through a USB port. A basic signature pad will cost around $100. We have tested the Topaz SigLite T-S460-HSB-R and it is the most compatible with Keystone Tax Solutions. There are other models available, but they have not been tested for compatibility and are not guaranteed to work with the program.
2 Downloads Required:
- Must download SigPlus https://www.topazsystems.com/index.html > Software > Install SigPlus
- Must download SigWeb Browser SDK https://www.topazsystems.com/index.html > “Download Web Signature Capture” >Software > Web Sig Capture >SigWeb Browser SDK
To use a signature pad to capture the signature of the preparer on all supported forms, from the Main Menu of Keystone Tax Solutions select:
- Firm/ERO/Preparer Setup
- Preparer(s) Menu – Select a preparer from the list.
- Preparer Signature – This option will only appear in the menu when the signature pad is connected to the computer.
- When the signature box appears on the screen, the preparer should sign their name using the signature pad, and select ‘Save’.
- The preparer’s signature will then appear on all supported forms.
The taxpayer(s) signatures can be captured to print on the following forms: Form 8878, Form 8879, IRC 7216 Consent Form, Bank Application (Santa Barbara Tax Products Group, River City, Republic Bank & Trust Company Tax Refund Solutions) To display instructions for capturing the taxpayer(s) signature on a specific form, select the links below to show/hide additional information:
Currently the business 8879 is not supported.
NOTE: If an electronic signature is not accepted by either the state, bank or the IRS, there will not be an option to add an electronic signature in that section of the program.